View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3084678)   #4
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow! Surely this must be the earliest we've started a next-season thread. Of course, CotA really forced our hand.

I sure hope GT3s do get to enter Petit '12 and beyond.

As for Falken Tire, there has been speculation since the green and blue car first hit an ALMS track that they'll bring a second car soon or the following season. Hopefully Falken ponies up. Would be nice to have another Porsche and it would also be cool to see them start to sell their tires into ACO-style sports car racing.

I'd really like to see BMW NA turn the Z4 into a GT(E) legal car so we keep a great team, great drivers and two cars on the ALMS grid.

Perhaps part of the Aston Martin speculation, I believe Adrian Fernandez's Aston contract ends after this season. He has intimated that perhaps his European adventure is over. Maybe he will bring the Aston effort to the ALMS grid? Or if he doesn't re-up with Aston and could that mean a return to prototype racing? Either way I'm expecting a new theatre for Adrian next year and I'd sure like it to be in ALMS.

Chris

Edit: GTC has not been reaffirmed for 2013. There was talk that after this season the class is gone. However, the ALMS has faced vocal team owners demanding GTC return because "one make racing is beneficial to the ALMS". Porsche and Yokohama probably wouldn't mind either.