View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3092997)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's a nice thought, but too many drivers, "amateurs' and otherwise, DO realize that the LMP is coming, and don't turn in on the quicker car.

In just about any formula I can think of, if contact is made when the guy overtaking has a nose ahead, it's the fault of the guy being overtaken, period.

If you haven't got the spatial wherewithal to judge those closing rates, or if you're prone to panicking when a car "suddenly appears" near you, you're not fit to be a racing driver. I don't know any other way to put it.

I don't have to be a racing driver to realize there are certain competencies that are absolutely necessary to perform the tasks required behind the wheel. ("One need not be Caesar in order to understand Caesar.") The driver of the Ferrari, by his actions, demonstrated a distinct lack in these essential competencies, and showed he was NOT capable of maintaining an acceptable, minimum driving standard.

Last edited by Purist; 17 Jun 2012 at 02:05.