View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2012, 01:48 (Ref:3093896)   #18
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Peat, perhaps I chose that word badly, but I wasn't merely referring to open-wheelers with my comment.

Andrew, the Ferrari was staying well left. He didn't even start that turn-in until he was past what would be the apex for that kink leading into Mulsanne. It doesn't make sense why you would even turn in sharply at that point. You're past the apex, and onto the little straight run to Mulsanne itself, but still well before the turn-in point for Mulsanne.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how the sums add up on this one as far as Davidson doing anything wrong.

I remember seeing film from 1998 of one of the Porsche 911 GT1-98s making an almost identical move on a then GT2 Porsche, at the same point on the track, and there was no problem whatsoever. The visibility then would have been even trickier, since the "hump" hadn't yet been ground down.