Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3095370)   #2239
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Morris View Post
RWW the handicaping system at the weekend was ok as it was based on your practise lap time.
Basically it is worked so you all cross the line together, if you look on tsl lap chart it is more understandable. I think Chris had a extra lap to do less my time penalty thats why he was on the front row, compared with me.
I had an email to agree with the handicap system and did not see it as a problem.
In my mind it was no different to the John Taylor system run by SEMSEC over the past years.

I am sure Bill and his crew enjoyed the challange of running between the 2 venues, and it gave Bessy a good test.

To sum it up our team thought it a great weekend and well run with lots of entertainment for family and friends, including a party in the Kentagon saturday night.
Hi Rob, It wasn't the handicapping system that we didn't understand but the fact that we didn't know it was a handicap until the grid sheet was published on Sun afternoon. I have a copy of an email(from MSV) that states clearly that the Allcomers Race would NOT be a handicap. Just a problem of communication and, as I said,it will be ironed out for next year and was of little consequence to this.

I couldn't agree more with your comments concerning what an excellent event it was and, like Goodwood, this event could grow into a premier themed event of the year.As has been said it would be good to get the Super/Mighty Mini's on the programme as well, cos you can never get enough of the Classic Mini!