Thread: WEC Silverstone WEC 2012
View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3095491)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you're completely misunderstanding my point. but i can understand how you might choose to read it that way. fwiw, i'm british. i've been to around 5-7 british gps, and british motorsport for 10 years. the same behaviour at the wsr has been exhibited by british people (NOT motorsport fans) regardless of whether it's at donington or silverstone for years. i also mentioned that i saw the same issues with behaviour at le mans too.

like i say, i go to all the other wsr rounds (this is my 3rd year of a complete calendar bar moscow) and i never see any of the behaviour there, where it's also free to get in and where people who can't normally afford motorsport are commonly found amongst the crowds. i have never seen a french fan at either magny cours or paul ricard disregard safety, nor a german at the nurburgring or hockenheim do similar.

it's pretty expensive to see motorsport in other countries too. take the cost of a f1 or wtcc entry ticket for the hungaroring or slovakia for their wtcc meeting, add in their fuel costs to get there and compare it against the average post-tax wage. i guarantee the uk would look pretty cheap in comparison.

we're going off topic here, so perhaps it's worth returning to the wec.