View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3101793)   #12
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Regulation clearly states that the track is defined by the white lines, if one wheel leaves the track (the tarmaccy dark bit between the white lines, does that make it clear enough?) then the car is deemed to have left the track.

Hardly rocket science.
Ah, you're being selective!
It actually says: 'The edge of the track shall be defined by white lines and (my italics) any kerbs'.
so is the edge the kerb or the white line?
Now if the white line is absent where there's a kerb it could make sense.
But if there's a white line AND a kerb (i.e. tarmac>white line>kerb) then it makes no sense at all.
Does the white line stop where there is a kerb? Are all corners at all UK circuits painted identically?

Then the new draft goes on to say: 'kerbs will be indicated by painting alternative (sic - should be alternate) colours, normally red/white onto the track surface,...' which says to me that the kerb is part of the track !

It is very clear that the MSA never consider an excellent ability with written English language a pre-requisite when allocating the job of writing regulations. Some might say they are getting worse not better. Poor show for a professional organisation.