View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3113600)   #537
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
The game was of sloppy design, lacked inspiration (basically just went through the checklist of racing game requirements and ticked off cars and tracks and called it a day), and is a mixed bag of sparkling diamonds, dull pearls, and lumps of coal.
Given the length of time it was in development it's a disappointment - as you say there's not really any inspiration there. The UI is pretty crap as well - am I the only one that has to use the 'zoom' function to be able to read the damn menus? Is there a way of speeding up the B spec races? In GT4 you could put the race on x3 speed - I haven't founda way of doing that in GT5 yet (could be hidden in a menu somewhere that I haven't found).

Whinges aside I have been enjoying some of the racing, certain combinations of car and circuit just seem to click - although as with the previous versions of GT I tend to get out of the 'standard' car races as soon as possible and get into the pure racing car stuff as soon as possible.