View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3131572)   #102
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
@ Claire
Quote:
Competitors moan about small grids then when you offer them cheap racing.....they dont turn up
Maybe people dont want to do your enduros, me for one.

Quote:
You talk about consolidating grids, then when we do, you moan about it, discredit it as "run what you brung", you say that there is over crowding yet you still allow your clubs to launch new series that are aimed at an already over crowded market place or, if it is too general say "I dont want to race with them" yet have no grounds not to race with them. see, you have an idea of what you would like at a race meeting, but in truth, no one will talk to one another and MAKE THE MEETING...no one does.
Those that do exclude, those that do cater for certain people and a certain type of car exclude the only way they know how...costs and red tape and will charge you for it....they have to, because, instead of getting full grids, they are only getting half grids...but as I have said...they still are paying the same
When the hell have I ever said any of that?

Quote:
....so ....what do you all suggest the circuit does?
As has been said many times, break the circle, lower the fees and fill the bloody grids!

Quote:
Dont moan at Organising clubs for "adding a class" because they would not have to add a class or change goal posts if you as competitors attended the event, if the event is not your thing then that’s fine also, but don’t tell me that I shouldn’t have this one in or that one in. ....as I always say....give me 48 cars of what YOU want to race....and I will exclude the rest or run your own series which will cost you a fair bit ....which you could do and you can put what you want on the grid....but in the meantime....dont moan at me if I take someone’s entry because they want to race,......and you dont!
Who has ever moaned about any of that, not me???

Quote:
All of what I have now said makes NO difference whatsoever because even if you think “its wrong” none of you do anything about it, no one objects to decisions made by the MSA, you would not get yourselves together to challenge "the status que" yet the MSA only govern because we allow them to?...we are, as we have always been, a pie and pint nation and its like the Peter Kay sketch that was on the other night…the family at a restaurant .”The service here is terrible….Im never coming again….I mean it, I mean it”…then the waiter comes up “Is everything OK?” “Yes its lovely fine thank you ….its very nice”…That’s what we do.
Now you are talking about a group action not an individual action which is why I suggested this should be discussed!!!

@ Lancbreaker.

Quote:
Don't disagree with much of what you say, Claire, although some of your comments are obviously and understandably based on your specific viewpoint. You say that "Competitors moan about small grids then when you offer them cheap racing.....they dont turn up" - and I appreciate that you do offer cheap events on a "cost per track minute" basis...but in absolute terms they aren't cheap - particularly if you don't live on the event's doorstep. Many wage slaves (and indeed the self-employed) tend to have to budget for their racing on an event by event basis...and an event that maybe costs £250 to enter - even if only for 20 minutes, is just plain more affordable that an event for £800 for 2 hours - and maybe the ability to "scratch the itch" and get on track every month or so in the season is better than only doing a couple of events a year, (if that, he says, having sat out two seasons for financial reasons...)
Thanks Richard, some common sense. With respect Claire many of us DO NOT WANT TO DO AN ENDURO END OF!!!!!!!!! Look many of us are running old and self prepared cars on a budget, so we pitch up and pay you a grand to do an enduro and like poor Terry Gilbert dont even make the race are you gonna give us a refund?? Of course not and why should you. What I am saying is its all about financial risk entering these longer races which is why I am not prepared to risk hard earned cash going to Spa.

@ Tim, if you don't like my posts just stop reading them OK its not an obligation you know.