Thread: LM24 Race Member AllonFS
View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3148212)   #79
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!

Bloody hell! I am being discharged today. All came as a bit of a shock, consultant saw me in the morning, said I could go tomorrow, which in itself was a very nice surprise. But then an emergency came and they needed my bed, so I was unceremoniously chucked in to a meeting room (where I am now) and am just waiting for my enormous bag of medicines to take home.

I think I have been lucky so far and done better than average, but I am only about 30% of the way through the whole transplant process and still lots of potential for re-admission and serious complications. I'll also be visiting hospital 2 or 3 times a week, so they can keep a very close eye on me. To misquote Churchill, "This not the end or even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning."

So the bubbly remains on ice for quite a while longer. However, right now just very happy to heading home! Thanks for all the support so far and as long as you don't mind me using the forum this way, I'll keep you up to speed with how things are progressing, (or not) over the next few months.

Best wishes
Allon