View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3153613)   #141
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
So the years when only Porsche and Ferrari were competing, were the "GT golden age"?
Just saying you knew what was what, and you felt it... Those cars were super close racers, and tehy were all built to the rules, with minimal or nonexistant BoP...If you couldn't cut it with the big boys you were last...

This does hinder variety, but heck when you have tho of the greatest motorsport brands in the worlds, ducking it out blow for blow, what the heck else you want....

and don;t give me that bla bal ferrari base car cost more, limited production etc, so other manufs cant compete... Porsche has been racing the 911 for 40 years now, and it;s mass produced, it has an engine in the back, and it was still able to fight with ferrari on equal footing, and even kick it's ass a few times(and years)...

I'd rather have 2 manufacturers giving it all, and really influencing the development , then have 6-10 brands where FIA dictates who wins and who losses, I just can't get emotionaly involved then. Sure its fun, it's preatty, but it's no where near the excitment of watching your favorite brand wining because they rally are/were better at that track... It comes close to the LMP1/F1 level of fan excitment...while Gt3s are more Homer Simpson type enjoyment...mmmmmm pretty...
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.