View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3157932)   #11
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The first team and name that sprung to mind is Pescarolo for me. I still have a feeling that Pescarolo isn't dead.

If my number's come up, the first thing I'd do is become an investor of Pescarolo.

Someone said Alfa Romeo and I think this is a good point. Despite many genuine attempts in terms of design and assembly to improve their reputation of unreliablity, Alfa just can't shake it off that reputation. Surely a Le Mans 24 hours win would be massive for them. Especially if they beat Audi, with whom they compete with their saloons and smaller cars...and Porsche, with whom they compete at the top of their range!

Wishful thinking there though, I don't think Alfa has the money to do it. Also, the thinking in Milan seems to be "sod the reputation, let's just make sportscars again".
Alfa Romeo certainly have unfinished business. Contriving to stumble at just about every possible juncture in the early 1970s despite some superb driving talent, and some flashes of real promise at the dawn of the 3.0 era, combined with the stillborn 3.5 Group C car present a pretty powerful case.