View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3157984)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Intriguing, I'd almost classify Renault as a classic case of job done.

They came in with a clear objective (i.e. "win"), ramped up to the point where they did it, and then closed the programme down and went off to F1.

Clearly it's a long time ago, and I utterly agree that they'd massively benefit from being there, but is there a niggle in Viry Chatillon that Le Mans didn't give them what they wanted? I'm not so sure.
Yes but Renault are intrinsically linked with them having a factory in Le Mans and being French that it seems natural they should be there - perhaps with a new Alpine on the way a GT version may be a real possibility. Sadly it seems the German manufacturers are the only European ones that are doing well at the moment so there is unlikely to be a budget from any others - except Ferrari - who could probably find enough sponsorship to fund the whole thing

Others to consider:

Chrysler
Cadillac