View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3167927)   #3
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest News from organiser Roy Craig

http://www.johnnyherbertkarting.co.uk/

All team places are now sold and the waiting list is quite long, you can if you wish be added to the reserve list just in case a slot does become available.

Almost by tradition Herbies Heroes heads the list as Team No 1 and team member Antony Cannon sets the record for being the only person to have driven in Johnny’s event since it’s inception in 1994, before being changed to Herbies Heroes the team was known as The Johnny Herbert Fan Club being made up from members (myself included) the team would have been on the top step of the podium in that first event had it not been for a certain young new F1 driver later to be known as DC who had paid cash to the charity to ensure his team came first! ….sad for us but good news for the charity. Andy Baker holds 2nd place to this record having driven in the team since 1995.

Team 2 is again Team Forum, managed by Lou Massara and made up mainly from members of Johnny’s old web site Forum.

Retired motorsport photographer Paula Hamilton has once again entered her team aptly named Hamilton’s Flyers and I’m sure she hopes they will too!

I’m happy to welcome back Howard Kayman and Lane Bednash who have been supporting Johnny’s event for a long time now, they race regularly in the Club 100 series and have entered a team each.

Simon Delamare and Dave Pritchard have also entered teams before and will no doubt be looking forward to their return.

I am very pleased to announce that as befits Dan’s memory the Wheldon family have entered a team aptly named Wheldon Lionhearts which is captained by Ash Wheldon.

Many celebrity drivers are hoping to arrange their diaries to be able to attend with us and as their confirmations come in I will give you further updates………..Entry forms are being processed and I will also let you know about more teams soon.

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 18 Nov 2012 at 15:27.