View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3174781)   #2640
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As mentioned PURE is gone. I see no reason Ferrari, Mercedes or Renault would want to be distracted by trying to support both F1 and sports prototypes at the same time.

I believe that Cosworth only supplied two F1 teams (HRT and Marussia) this year. HRT is apparently a zombie and not expected to participate next year. That leaves only one team potentially using Cosworth in 2013, so there is speculation that Cosworth will not build F1 engines for 2013/14 and that one of the other suppliers (Renault?) would supply engines to Marussia.

However, apparently Cosworth has put some work put into a 2014 spec engine. I wonder if Cosworth could switch to sports prototype engines for 2014? Could they make money by providing a good privateer engine or would they have the same funding issue as Judd?

Richard