View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3176850)   #2562
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I personally don't see the fuss made about qualifying anyway. In Endurance racing, qualifying will always be nothing more than a glorified practice session. The only time that grid position really affects you is if you start from the back or in the pit lane, and even then, it's more of an inconvenience than a disaster.

I don't really care much for qualifying and wouldn't watch if it it was televised, probably. At Le Mans, I never pay much attention to who's posting what laptime and I'm only really absorbing the atmosphere and enjoying watching the best racing cars in the world lap around the best circuit in the world.

This new system, complicated as it is, does have me intrigued though, and no doubt I'll be doing everything I can do watch and fully understand the qualifying session at Silverstone.

One thing that did make me chuckle was on MWM when the guys were saying that they are the only media outlet which takes on qualifying live was RLM themselves, and they weren't even asked about the new system.. Someone then raised the point that perhaps someone else asked for a new qualy format...the idea of someone sitting at a board room table at Eurosport HQ suggesting that this new format explained by and commentated on by Kirby and Cole makes me lose all hope in humanity.