View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3182494)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Should impressions matter though? As in the thread on perceptions of F1's environmental impact, that's just an impression. I do admit to a sigh of disappointed resignation though when I see that the incident will be 'investigated after the race'.
maybe mixing apples and oranges here, but thinking about all the various doping scandals in other sports, i do think that people do have a reasonable expectation that the sport they are following is governed on a fair and even playing field. once that impression is shaken its hard for that sport to recover (although historically F1 hasent seemed to be too fazed by accusations of favoritism) . but yeah i do think 'impressions' are important for fans, the general public, and maybe more so for the commercial partners that really do provide the funding for F1 to take place.

Last edited by chillibowl; 28 Dec 2012 at 17:19.