Thread: Say it isnt so
View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2002, 22:23 (Ref:318486)   #22
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
If you do not understand or have never played the sport it might explain your ignorance. I am not attacking you so lets not get a "hissy fit". Its funny that someone would attempt to discredit the most popular sport in the world because he does not understand it. By the way was that post out of line?
Actually, yes, it was out of line. You are attacking me personally rather than the arguments I made, which is specifically against forum rules. You seem to have a problem with me, and life is too short to hold grudges like that. Why don't you just put me on your ignore list and live happily ever after?

To respond, briefly. Yes, I played soccer. My brother coached at the high school level. Two of my best friends in high school were soccer fanatics. One of them is the soccer coach at the University of South Carolina, and has trained several of Americas best players. I used to attend NY Cosmos games weekly back in the 70s and 80s. I actually used to love soccer when I was younger. I'm over it now. You may not agree with my assessment of the pro game, but don't accuse me of being ignorant just because you got annoyed at me in the past.