Old 17 Jan 2013, 05:31 (Ref:3190310)   #73
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
While Vettel wasn't convicing throughout '10. It has to be acknowledged that, when the title became really serious, he stepped up and won 3 of the last 4 races to clinch it. While he didn't have it in the bag, he was looking good to win in Korea, so that could've been the last 4 in a row.

On the other hand, after a slow start, Mark's performances diminished at the end of the season, having been, possbily the best driver of the season til 3/4 of the way through. It's like a batsman in cricket, who completely loses the plot in the 90s, after having played so well to get there.
Speaking of Potato heads... 3 of the last 4, 2 of those he had Webber on his tail not allowed to pass, despite leading the WDC and Seb being miles behind... for that reason alone I was backing Alonso praying it all blew up in RBR face
I am not a fan boy of his, no driver sees me gushing, but your dribble is just pooling on the floor and needs to be mopped up
I do remember doing the Proddies when he was in FF in 94 where it was obvious he was better than someone like Lowndes (in the same car)
IIRC Webber is now the oldest driver on the grid (he may be the only one still born in the 70's!), and he is there on merit, not because of any sugar daddy, actually he is there despite others having sugar daddies.

Of course he is number 2, 2013 will most likely be his last year and in all likelihood he will help RBR win another constructors championship because no other team has the depth of driving RBR has and the scoring will mean even if someone else wins the WDC over Vettel their car will need to be as revolutionary as an FW14b to beat the team

Last edited by Notso Swift; 17 Jan 2013 at 05:42. Reason: speeelllinngg