View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3198601)   #424
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not that i'm peebee, but... here's my two cents.

i think it doesn't help that *any* series is remarkably difficult to run. there's not really much of a non-motorsport business comparison, it's 10 or so team owners with egos and their own ideas working against one or two people trying to take an average and act in the best interests of the collective. well, every single member of the collective has different overheads, different manpower strengths, different future intentions, etc.

it also doesn't help that we see that the seemingly inferior product - the euroseries - continues at full strength and is being promoted as the be-all and end-all by the fia. in that context, the only conclusion to come to is that the british series was somehow badly handled.

in reality, i don't think that's the case. i'm not sure sro getting involved was ever good for the series, but without them it would have fallen over and reached this stage a long time ago.