Thread: Lap Records
View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3200617)   #20
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
had a giggle at that one!

and err, I had some people from a prominent VIC based V8 team fresh from a COTF assembly push, come into my workshop this week, and they saw the 1992 Audi V8 Quattro DTM car I'm tickling up......

They were "oohing, and aaahing" at all the technology on it!

It's 20 years old!!!

For those who don't know Audi withdrew from the '92 DTM because the car despite "all the technology" was an utter dog.

It was even embarrassed by Gerd Ruch's old Ford Mustang with 5.0 litre small block windsor power on occassions and was no match for the M3's or 190E's.

Mind you, they were a great looking cars and the 1990 and 1991 cars worked a treat.

As a guide, lap time wise, it would have been about as quick as the first "V8 Supercars" that debuted at Sandown and Bathurst in '92. I'd guess a maybe a touch slower but that might be a little unfair to Mr HJ Stuck.

Last edited by chavez; 7 Feb 2013 at 11:07.