View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3205550)   #47
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Sorry pecky, that was a bit below the belt.
But you do sort of set yourself up for it.
No I don't know any more than you about the 2014 regs.
And people on here are discussing desires and possibilities, not detailed facts.
My personal hopes are that they will have a dark start, that they will look at the class structure a bit to do something about speed differential, and they will drop the crazy idea of having a seperate GT race mixed up in the critical, high traffic, go for ir competitive situationthat is the first hour.
Other than that, open the practice times up to a no penalty situation.
If the pole is to be decided on combined driver times, then the 130% qualification should be on the same basis.
Perhaps we could take the individual maximum driver time out to 5 hour but with a 3 hour stint limit.
There should be no limits on times run by any competitor, but I can understand the reasons for the Invitation class limits to avoid a 6litre special like the Monaros being built to make the whole thing a farce as happened to the 24hr. Maybe that is a reason for dropping invitation classes, although that would detract from the VLN like mix in the field.
And b*****r the doctors, next year I am going to be there.
Bathurst 12 Hour-" There will be no benchmark time next year for the outright class"

Bathurst 12 Hour- "Sun 09 Feb 14 will see an earlier start - more to follow later"

Also the z4 will be back next year