View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3206186)   #67
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
First i would like to see where its mentioned that Mal had to stick to 2:15 all day. I have heard this is the case from more then one person but would like to confirm it. If its true its sadly another case of organisors meddling in the race results unfairly and unecessarily. Take note that this car is loved by people overseas and whole heartidly welcomed to race in the different 24hr races it takes part in. Just because we are in australia and there is some kind of euro snob attitude towards anything related to v8supercars should not have seen it hobbled. This is all assuming its true of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Nafe if it helps Mal mentioned the 2.15 on the podium, and i have seen it written in some post race reports.

and as Bluesport mentioned, while it was a v8 supercar ten years ago, it has been modified since
There's mention of the class-specific benchmark time in the appended version of sporting regs. It's poorly outlined, though - particularly as it's slated under qualifying procedure.

Quote:
2.4 Driver Qualification Procedure
2.4.1 All drivers must practice or qualify within 130% of the fastest time set during Qualifying, save for
exceptional circumstances accepted as such by the Stewards of the Meeting.
2.4.2 A driver is only permitted to drive in one (1) automobile in the Bathurst 12 Hour category for the
duration of the Meeting.
2.4.3 All practice and qualifying sessions will be timed and count towards driver qualification.
2.4.4 Cross entering of drivers for the Bathurst 12 Hour Event is not permitted.

2.4.5 Bench Mark Times:
2.4.5.1 For all automobiles in Classes A and B the benchmark minimum lap time for this
event is 2 minutes 07 seconds.
2.4.5.2 For all automobiles in Class I the benchmark minimum lap time for this event is 2
minutes 15 seconds.

2.4.6 If in any official practice or qualifying session a driver records a lap time which is faster than the
benchmark lap time they will receive a 50kg weight penalty to be carried for the remainder of
the Event in the vehicle for which they are entered. During qualifying sessions, lap times that
are quicker than the benchmark lap time will be deleted from the results.
2.4.7 During the race if a driver of an automobile in Class I records a lap time which is faster than the
benchmark lap time they will receive a drive through penalty. During the race if a driver of an
automobile in Class I breaks the benchmark lap time more than twice, a timed penalty will be
applied.
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/wp-...-supp-regs.pdf