View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3206684)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I like it all bar the first chicane.

Chicanes straight after the start are a PITA. Indeed, the MSA stopped Teesside from using theirs on safety grounds, and at Llandow, they skip 'The Hook' on the opening lap as it usually ends up as a parking lot of broken karts.
From my original post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post

Here is how the full circuit would look in practice with barriers in place.
For rolling starts which I believe the karts have to run nose to tail in two lines at a prescribed speed.
There is a cone in the centre of the track, which the two lines must pass either side of. As such the initial chicane is not used, but is on all other laps.