View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3210788)   #195
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Excitement gone for me unless Nissan pull something extraordinary out of the bag.
The NISMO president was quite clear at the end of the movie - they want to change the audience! Their goal is to appeal to people who have not been interested in the auto sport thus far. If I am reading it correctly, they would like to get to much broader demographics and if that is correct, you don't achieve that with building another GT or LMP cars. It means that most die-hard-core fans, like most of you here, will be disappointed, but if the real goal is to get an entirely new (and large!) group of people to be interested in racing - they have to change the game and change it quite dramatically. They need new audience. Racing needs new audience and this new audience so far has not been interested much in the existing game. Have you guys seen the statistics around the Net? Young people don't want to drive anymore (funny enough, it was a Nissan report I saw few weeks ago somewhere) and don't want to own cars. So they need to excite the young people because whatever it is done right now obviously is not working. So yes, if everyone on this site is excited, it means the news will not bother much the rest of the world. But this time I think they are going after the rest of the world and not the very small (unfortunately) dies-hard crowd like you all are here.

But I guess we will all find out very soon. It is definitely exciting to have hopes for something interesting...