View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3214642)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I can imagine the parade getting a little dull year after year, but we might do it properly this year, if not just to say we have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I'm not entirely sure if it's to everyone's taste, but after the parade last year, we kind of drifted off the main square (with the trams) into the narrow streets, hunting food.

We stumbled onto a sort of Fame Trail thing, with brass plaques, with winners names, and hand prints. Then into a little square, with a fountain(?) like the trophy, and last year's winners details.

Something for a lazy day? Sorry for the vagueness!
There's a lot to do in Le Mans, and it's easy to forget that the city is actually a nice place. The city is well worth exploring - the Cathedral is quite something too. Angers is a city not too far away well worth a visit.

I've heard some people say Le Mans is no place for families, but I couldn't disagree more. We took a family holiday to Le Mans in 2002 when I was 8 and my little sister was 5, and spread over two weeks we had time to do all the more civilised things the area has to offer.