View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3216939)   #18
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi JamesK,

Hopefully you are not simply posting such misinformation as someone who does not like V8ST, myself, what ever, and if thats indeed the case, and you have been given false or misleading information, then here are the facts.

Mark Petch,
Technical Director,
V8 Supertourers.
Hi Mark

Not At all, as per my earlier post
1/ Engines in a variety of specs, confirmed as per your post
2/ At a cost of the competitors, confirmed as per your post.
3/ All technically legal, apparently acceptable as per your post.
4/ $20K just a dream, well yes. You stated "all have the exact same $20K engine"

Did you not strongly recommend to all teams to upgrade the pistons and rods in their origional engine plus recommend to blueprint the bottom end.
The est. cost of all this another $20K.
Following your recommendations the real cost of the origional engine is now approx $45K with the dry sump.

Is not the basic $20K engine you indicated the same as that origionally supplied, therefore purchase the new basic engine and you still have another $20K to spend if you follow your own recommendations.
Also wasnt those mods recommended by GM.

Of the 14 engines you indicated will be in service this weekend that have not yet been serviced (against your recommendations) please advise the number of those 14 that have had only the mains and big ends replaced, you have obviously forgottten those.

I can see nothing misleading or false in MY post.