Thread: LEADFOOT
View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3223973)   #24
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
I don't know where the rumour about no Leadfoot next year started, and have not heard that one yet. But Rod and Shelly are planning an even bigger and better event next year (if that is possible?) so I would not take any notice of gossip. It is the BEST Motorsport event I have EVER attended, anyone who was there will understand that, just amazing
Good to hear Conrad. As I said, it was a comment from someone who was there and may have been related to the estimated $2m it cost the Millens to put on the event. I hope it does continue, as we do need these high profile events where there is such a fantastic variety of machinery.

During the early Goodwood Festivals of Speed, there was an emphasis on setting good times. As the event has matured, a high proportion of runners have elected for no timing and the event has not suffered at all. It is still a sell out each year with a 150,000 cap over the three days.

Most spectators just want to see great cars and bikes in action (or even static displays). For my last two Goodwood visits, I hardly looked at what was on the track as I couldn't get close enough for an unobstructed view!