Thread: Multi 21 F1 becoming a joke
View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3227273)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
The point is. F1 aero performance created quite a few years of GP racing where cars could only overtake via pitstop strategy. We have had some "racing" and unpredictability in Gps these recent seasons because it was decided to provide teams with rubbish tyres and introduce DRS. It appears to me, and I might be wrong, it is ONLY because of aero performance and the processions it creates, that "gimmicks" were introduced. Gimmicks aren't needed if the aero performance is dealt with properly.
I remember watching many a processional GP in the '70s and '80s and the cars had widely, varying aero configurations, particularly in the '70s and immediately after ground effect was band.