View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2000, 11:18 (Ref:32319)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of them certainly. There are so many drivers who we tend to forget unless the "bravery" or "genius" tag is used. Masten ranks up there but lets not forget Archie Scott Brown who overcame appalling physical difficulties to achieve a high standard in Europe. Perhaps if the authorities hadn't been so short-sighted he may have achieved world-wide greatness before his untimely death.

Talents cut short before achieving what should have been their right include Collins, Donoghue, Pryce, Cevert and so many more.

But back to the thread.

Well if I were lying second and with the threat hanging over me if I were to win, I doubt that I'd be brave enough to overtake. However, it was certainly a generous gesture by a true sportsman (which is really why I mentioned our two current WDC protagonists) to offer to split the purse(s). Can't see any of the current lot doing that can you?