View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3235639)   #55
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Really, I can't see anything wrong with what Perez did there. He was taking what is the natural racing line.

They teach you early in racing to near pass on the outside of of a double apex corner like that because you're going to get pushed out on to the dirty stuff. It generally isn't done because it is such a risky move.
Unless you're in a tintop.

Maybe he was going in deep to do a switch back and launch off the corner up the inside, I dunno. Probably wouldn't have worked anyway - might as well just wait for the DRS straights.

But Kimi has been a bit mellow in his comeback so some aggression is good.

Re Whitmarsh, I don't know what the h3ll he's going on about saying Perez isn't aggressive enough. The commentators certainly had it in for Perez saying he's moving all over the track blocking people. I thought he was plenty aggressive, more so than Button who asked permission to fight for position - and Perez certainly gave Kimi no room!

Ultimately, though, Perez's speed was pathetic compared to Button. And Massa and Grosjean, heck even Rosberg, put in really pathetic performances compared to their teammates. They were way off the pace.