View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3239205)   #1784
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Time attack cars are cool but tacky. Theyre usually guys who purchase cheap 4wd Japanese cars like Lancer EVOs and put as much work as they can. I prefer purpose built cars. Just make them based off a factory vehicle like this 208.
No matter the base vehicle (whether it be Japanese, American, European, whatever) I admire the engineering that goes into these TA racecars, some people focus on power, others on aero and handling and some people get a great combination that makes the finished car more then the sum of its parts. The racing isnt the spectacle, well there is no head to head racing but the continual advancement every year of these cars and the dropping of laptimes as people come up with faster cars is what attracts me to the category.

Back on topic, Pikes Peak cars are along the very same lines, look at what the likes of Rod Millen and Monster Suzuki have come up with in their assaults on the mountain, its great to see Loeb having a shot at Pikes Peak and equally as good to see Peugeot coming on board officially.