Thread: ELMS Race ELMS 2013 - Round 2: Imola
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3251641)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wheres all this talk of Porsche looking for new recruits coming from in the first place ?

All I can imagine , is as Porsche is now part of the VAG group , and Red Bull sponsors a lot of VAG racing , the only link I see is Red Bull sponsored Porsche team with Webber ..... they dont need 3 drivers for each car for the WEC ..... they used to do group C with 2 per car , and those cars wernt as magic or had all the trick bits as the cars of today .
Given that Red Bull's relationship with Webber is not great I don't see the connection there.

The talk of new recruits comes from journalists in the know. Porsche have plenty of contracted drivers but not six guys who are suitable for LMP1 at Le Mans. They barely have four. That's the reality of it. People who expect the likes of Bergmeister to jump into the new car are dreaming.