Thread: Pre 66 Viable?
View Single Post
Old 31 May 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3255934)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
But they don't Zef read the regs, for a starter they have to be road registered and MoT'ed so thats me out for for one and where as in the pre-66's they allow the same weight from factory 1st Gen Camaro to run at about 1270kgs they want the 2nd Gen Road Sports to run at a massive 1600kgs or there abouts despite coming out the factory with half a tank of gas at around 1270, it makes no sense whatsoever. Oh and coupled to that the 1st Gen can run rear discs and four pot front calipers the 2nd Gen has to run dangerous one stop specials sliding calipers up front and rear drums the yanks all went over to in an effort to make cheaper car. The need to have a post 66 race series to the same regs as the pre 66 and I would have had some. If we are talking about viable historic racing then some flexibility has to be built into the regs. CTCRC did this for years but the championships were constantly sneered at by the purists (sometimes on here I have to say) and never mentioned in mags like Octane and*{{{{ we all know how people like to read about themselves}}}}*. This IMHO has lead to the break down of the championship which is a big shame.
*{{{ Or be in a Top Gear Video}}}}*