Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3270956)   #115
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
At risk of it becoming a love in, I'm delighted to add my thanks to all at RLM for all they did this year (and do every year).

I know I've at times expressed a difference of opinion with them, either here, or via other social media channels, but at all times this has been me being a concerned friend expressing a hopefully helpful opinion rather than the throwing of stones. This year however I think we all need to take our hat off to them. The dignity with which they all conducted themselves in what must have been impossible circumstances was humbling, as was the way in which they weren't ashamed to show emotion at the end. In retrospect this shouldn't have been a surprise - they've always rightly worn hearts on sleeves, and long may that continue.

Over the years the podcasts of Le Mans and other races have provided background to long drives around the UK and further afield - and I suspect when, at some point in the future, 2013 rolls around on the playlist I'll have cause to be grateful for how the whole team delivers a great performance.