diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadvent View Post
Hi!

I have been thinking further about the race idea and I am sure we all know people with cars that don't see the light of day and if they are anything like me the first excuse is always "Its too expensive" and I haven't got the money!

Racing is never going to be cheap but there are possibly ways to make it cheaper and cutting down on travelling must be one area these days, hence the idea of a local series.

Aiming at Club events rather than trying to get onto someone's package must be a more economic way forward and accepting that if you want to go and race to have some fun a few times a year you really don't need TV and all that stuff will save a load more.

Keeping events to one day saves overnight camping/hotels and economises on the costs of mechanical support, for example.

A series like this would rely on finding slots in club race meetings in the year so if there is a positive feed back to this over the next few weeks it could be a good plan for 2014.

I really like the class structure based on qualifying times, I guess you have to make sure people don't "sand bag" but there would be ways to deal with that.

That system also saves having to have people trailing off to Rolling Roads to get power tests carried out as well.

I would guess that Snetterton and Cadwell Park will offer a more cost effective track solution than some other circuits and if pitched correctly a combination of Snetterton 200, 300 and Cadwell would provide something for everyone.

If there is enough interest in would be good to take all this a few stages further!

Please let me know your thoughts?

acadvent
Andrew
As you know, I have been promoting this idea at Anglesey every Winter since 2004 - and you have travelled up to some of them -with various amounts of support from competitors.
Some years we have had over 60 Sports and Saloon Cars - from Historic Imps to Radicals and split the grid at "my guesstimate of faster and slower groups"
Add in 30 "Caterham Type Cars" and it is basically Run what you Brung, or Closed Wheel Libre, or call it what you will.

Some years we have amassed mid teens of drivers down from Scotland and numerous drivers up from the South East and South West of our fair island.

The regulations are quite simple. If it is a saloon or sports car that will pass scrutineering, then it is in.

The meeting format is qually and two races for half the normal entry fee.
The previous day offers a half price test day.

This year pencil Sat 30 Nov (Test Day) and Sun 1 Dec (Race Day) in your diary.
Organisation is in the hands of BRSCC (and I won't give R59 the satisfaction of a response)