View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3284517)   #17
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I can't speak for Mulsanne, but the situation at Arnage has changed over recent years.

Back in the 1980s, the car park was on the left, immediately behind the banking and stretched almost to Indianapolis. You had to have a permit which you bought at the ticket hut at the entrance.

Over the years it became busier and an overflow car park was established on the right, roughly opposite the original car park entrance.

Matters then evolved so that the original on the left became camping only and the field on the right became the main car park for Arnage - but you could buy a parking ticket on the gate.

Two years ago, they stopped selling tickets on the gate and at the ticket hut - result: chaos!

It seems this year that, if you had a car park ticket already, you could use the first car park, if not, you were sent half a mile down the road to the second car park, where no ticket was required. If the first car park was full, you were sent to the second anyway.

2014? I wonder what new scheme they'll dream up?

BTW, I suspect none of the above applies if you are French and have a French car.