Old 28 Aug 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3295194)   #2458
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
In other words, it is well possible that the off-center location of the exhaust outlet visible on the picture is mainly due to the regulation changes.

In addition, I struggle to understand the relevance of a four-cylinder engine for Porsche. "There is a race car in every Porsche" they say. Is a four-cylinder engine consistent with this philosophy ?

"Small engine" does not necessary mean a four-cylinder engine. I am more inclined to believe that the engine may be a small-displacement V6 engine or the like. This at least seems to be more consistent with Porsche's philosophy.

Time will tell.
It may be, of course. These are just speculations!
To be honest, I would like much more a V6 engine, than a 4-in line! I hope to see a 2.2 V6 turbocharged engine. We have to wait, but 4-in line hypothesis has been launched by several motorsport magazines. I've read something about on Autosprint. The journalist gave for sure the news, but I do not completely agree with him. I think Porsche will unveil engine details as late as possible.
But I ask to myself if there's a spy-game in VAG home between Porsche and Audi men...
From what I see, Porsche aim will be to win Le Mans since its first attempt. I don't think they've planned to wait at least three years before to get the highest step of the podium (the famous "three years rule").
This doesn't mean they will win since the first time... but they seem to be very hungry!
All this inner rivalry is the prelude to a wonderful three challenge, with Toyota searching for a revenge.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR