View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3298874)   #2595
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Everyone note that this is from Sept 2012, but I don't remember reading about this... official press released back then said this:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ership-Porsche

It sounds more technical partnership than title sponsoring.

And I'm still thinking the major sponsor could be something they have not announced yet. Or more like hoping, because if not even they can secure a major deal, that tells something about the attractiveness of WEC.
Could be they don't want one. Audi have never seemed to be after one and many manufacturers at Le Mans in the modern era haven't raced with them...Bentley didn't for example.

Don't get me wrong, they still might be after a title sponsor but just because they don't have one doesn't mean the WEC is unattractive to sponsors.

Must be above the WRC in the pecking order!