Thread: Brabham BT30
View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3309221)   #681
intensio
Rookie

intensio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown View Post
It's a BT30 Simon. Please keep up. I've known that since ... well, about the time I picked up that text from you.

If we assume the journo only got the DFV bit and the BT35 bit wrong, let's explore the Pesca angle.

Pescarolo drove two BT30s, BT30-15, later with Martin Webb in libre in 1972; and BT30-26, later to Bobby Howlings and in the hands of George Dudley at the end of 1971. Both are definite contenders. Both are unknown until recent times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
And thats not a BT35!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson View Post

The Phil Rainford photo of David Ward at Aintree.

In the Sporting Scene section of Motoring News Thursday March 17th 1977 there is a small piece about the car; it runs as follows:

"Lancashire Clubmen David Ward & Stan Billington are campaigning an old Brabham BT35 orginally driven by Henri Pescarolo".

It goes on to say that the pair will compete "in a variety of sprints, hillclimbs and Club Races this season"

It then concludes "The DFV Powered F1 car is sponsored by Stein Lager" Obviously the DFV bit is slightly off!

Hi guys

Bit of a newbie here searching for stuff on my grandad. Stan Billington. He confirms it was a BT35.