View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3310873)   #4
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well day 2 produced some excellent racing in my view, lots of passing and all-round action.

Felt sorry for the SCA guys with the crash in R3, and also the Tasman guys for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The crowds were low again (higher than Saturday, but not by much) and the weather was not to bad on the sunday.

You could really tell the higher driving capability of the Supercar drivers immediately. They seemed to get to grips with the cars very quick, and were setting the pace.

Highlight for me was the Slade/Murphy battle which went on for a few laps with Slade eventually getting past. Good, clean racing

Also enjoyed watching Heycoop racing in his Honda doing the goods in the Motul Honda Cup. Great class that one, and when you look at the effort that some of the guys have put in to these cars, its quite an attractive class.

Rumour wise, all I heard that's worth reporting is that all cars will have the re-fuelling setup by the next race....anyone else heard that?

I am a little concerned about the turnout however. Was it bad timing, bad promotion or a combination? For a start whats wrong with putting signs all the way down SH1 (if its allowed?) from Bombay South. Signs that read something like "You are now only 5km's from the ....." and then "You are now only 4kms from the ...."

It does frustrate me how we have this quite well established class and we are at the enduro phase so all the big names are there. That in itself should bring people in their droves. In saying that though, I noticed that some Rugby game in Auckland had a small turnout as well, so maybe they were fighting an uphill battle to start with???

On the plus side though it made for easy parking and no queues at the loo's!

Also the drivers need to tidy up the green light system. All to often the wrong light was on or flashing, so quite confusing in some cases.

I also believe that the cars should run rear window driver lights too, like they do in Supercars. And to make it even easier, it would be entirely possible to position the drivers names (which size and font still annoys me) next to the light so that you can make out who is in the car when you see them side on. I believe they do have part of the cage that a light can be put onto, and then with a small hole cut in to the Perspex windows would be easy as.

I give the racing a 8/10 for Saturday and 9/10 for Sunday. However the overall event was just a 6/10 from me (due to poor food and low crowds)......sorry, but gotta be truthful, and sometimes that means being harsh.