Thread: MSV F3 Cup
View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3311180)   #36
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Alice will grab headlines because she is female. That is not a sexist remark; just reality. There are so few female drivers that they will naturally attract attention. There is no reason why a female shouldn't be successful in motor racing and I genuinely believe there must be a super talented female racer out there somewhere that can go all the way but we are yet to see it.

She is currently being talked about as a candidate for this years McLaren Autosport Young Driver Award. Quite frankly that is a joke. To illustrate a point she has also been campaigning in FF1600 in Souley Motorsport Ray GR07 without any success what so ever. Scott Malvern recently turned up and jumped in the same car at a Champion of Brands event & went straight out in qualifying and put it third on the grid and damn nearly won the race (photo finish into 2nd place) and was within a smidgen of the lap record on very old tyres. Alice had campaigned the same car half a dozen times or more and had done quite a lot of testing and hadn't got anywhere near a result like this.

All she ever seems to do on her Twitter feed etc is blame the equipment. If I were running her I'd find this insulting!

But as Sky Sports F1 will have you believe she is of course one of Britain's next F1 stars......... LOL
I am amazed that she could be considered for the AYDA. That would indeed be laughable and seriously devalue the award for me.

BTW I hear her team have been less than impressed, especially when she told MSVR media that the car was the worst she had ever driven. That must have been motivating. Her unsporting antics at Snetterton last month didn't endear her to anyone either.

Best will in the world, the only way she'll get to F1 is if grandad buys a team.