Thread: MSV F3 Cup
View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3311196)   #37
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST View Post
So was it interesting? After a reasonable start she has looked very ordinary over the last few rounds and occasionally not very good at all.
I think it has been interesting in that it demonstrates the strength of the F3 Cup field (although it could probably do with a few more cars...), in that a driver with a reasonable CV (i.e. a couple of years in Formula Renault, GP3) hasn't been able to dominate proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
To illustrate a point she has also been campaigning in FF1600 in Souley Motorsport Ray GR07 without any success what so ever. Scott Malvern recently turned up and jumped in the same car at a Champion of Brands event & went straight out in qualifying and put it third on the grid and damn nearly won the race
From memory Alice Powell raced in the FF1600 races at Donington and Silverstone and took a second, fourth and two retirements, which are quite reasonable in my view. Probably not indicative of future F1 stardom, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST View Post
I am amazed that she could be considered for the AYDA. That would indeed be laughable and seriously devalue the award for me.
The nominations have yet to be announced, although she is eligible. I do think that the nominations this year will be quite weak compared to previous seasons, which I suspect will be is due to the fragmentation of single seater racing and the current economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Was best of 3 females in 2012 GP3 series.
Given the calibre of the other two female drivers, I'm not sure how much of an accolade this is.