Old 5 Oct 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3313175)   #7
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
And your last conclusion of TV ratings is not correct.
Let's see:

This post is about the STCC and TTA ratings from 2012: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
And while there's been sparse crowds at the track STCC is winning the TV battle handily. This weekend 147k saw the STCC race and 29k the TTA race. From the first weekend STCC has been going up each time and TTA down in viewership figures.
STCC was on SVT in 2012, while TTA was at TV-10 (Or whatever the channel was called).

Now let's take a look at this year: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
TV figures still abysmal as well. 57k on SVT1, that's a goddamn embarrasment.
Since these users are from Sweden, I put enough trust into their words. While these ratings were just referring to a particular weekend, they still say a lot. Namely, that the STCC lost almost 66% of their TV audience from 2012, despite being on the same channel as last year.

It's true that the TTA teams invested a lot of money into their Solution-F cars. But I'm afraid that they have to admit that their investment was just wrong. It seems that silhouette touring cars are not what the Swedish TV audience wants to see. It also seems that the Solution-F cars are not what all teams in the Swedish touring car scene wanted to race. When I compare entry lists of the 2011 and the 2013 championships, I only count five teams from 2011 that'd still compete in 2013. Yes, STCC got some new teams like the Dacia team or the Saab teams. But even they can just gather the funding for one car operations, so I conclude that sponsors also doesn't feel attracted to the silhouette cars.

With 2014 not really looking like an improvement over 2013, I'm afraid that STCC is really poisoned and that it'll eventually die of this "poisoning". By the way, it says a lot that Jan "Flash" Nilsson left the scene after 2012, like a thief in the night. I guess he was really behind his "vision".