Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3324138)   #235
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I;d say they Do have it wrong, else more Teams would want to participate.

Constructors building cars are basically businesses hoping to sell cars; results don't matter so much if they can sell a few chassis and spares.

Teams are businesses which generally need results to keep getting sponsorship, and if the teams don't think they will ever be anything but an afterthought---in other words, if they think the playing field is tilted against them---they will either pick another class, another series, or another business.

If the rules were really level between P1(H) and P1, I suspect we'd see more teams trying out P1. As it stands, no one but Rebellion is interested in finishing tenth for their tens of-millions-of-dollars investment.

Nothing can overcome the cubic-dollar effect of a huge team of engineers constantly creating upgrades, but I doubt the best P1 has a chance even against an unsorted P1(H) just because of potential AWD and extra torque out of the corners. I don't see Rebellion ever seeing a podium unless the entire teams of Porsche, Toyota, and Audi pile up at the start or something.

I don't think teams haven't been considering P1 because there weren't enough chassis available. I think teams haven't been considering P1 because they aren't any Competitive chassis available.