View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3331006)   #341
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I didn't really know a good place to post this comment so I figured it could go here as well as any where. I was reviewing many of the old ALMS races from the early 2000s posted on You-Tube and was pleasantly surprised by the excellent color commentary provided by Bill Adam. He seemed very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. Some of the lead commentators were just there making their usually snooze-inducing lead commentary but Bill was quite good and never dull. Of course it didn't hurt that he was a pretty good sportscar pilot in his own right, but it would be nice if we had some commentators today with his combination of knowledge and delivery. I know he's been very successful in recent years in racing Historics, but it would be really nice to get someone like him back in the announcers booth.

DK
I agree, I was watching an old IMSA race they he was commenting on and thought he did an excellent job. Of course it helped that he had driven a GTP only a year or two earlier.