Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3346822)   #136
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Yes it was Bernie's idea. But a request was made to him by the US and Abu Dhabi promoters to find a way for the F1 drivers champion not to be decided before their race. Undoubtedly, the US and Abu Dhabi are big players (and payers) on the F1 calendar. So Bernie had to come up with something to please both promoters.

This is what BE said yesterday on the subject:

“Personally, my preference would be for the final three races to be worth double points.
“But it may well be that the rule is cancelled altogether at the next meeting in January.
“I think it should be the final three races or nothing. The final three races would mean the championship is kept interesting for everyone – fans, press and television – right until the end.”

I'm warming to the idea of the final three races worth double points. It sounds interesting. I'm with BE on this. Final three or nothing.
I can see why the US would agree to the final three races. With their's being the third to last on the calendar, it gives them a shot at having the WDC being decided at Austin, especially if we have a season like this year where the championship leader is romping away with it.