View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3381486)   #470
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
I don't get the feeling its Brundle's ego as such, more that he doesn't link well with Croft or he is struggling to find F1 as exciting or inspirational these days. Like most of us.
He comes across as quite arrogant at times to me and some of his grid walks have made me cringe with how rude he is. One that sticks out in particular was Austin last year when he attempted to poach an interview DC was conducting with Vettel and they both turned around and asked him to wait his turn. His response to that was 'yeah but we are live'... DC said 'so are we'. Even though that race the BBC were only showing highlights, the coverage has to be live so is just as important. I thought Brundle was very rude. Rosberg also had a go at him on the grid at the Chinese GP when he interupted an interview with RTL after refusing to wait his turn and it rubs people up the wrong way IMO. I deleted him off twitter because he became an advert for Sky rather than offering interesting F1 snippets.

Personally I think this sometimes comes across in his commentary and yes he does sound slightly less interested these days. Someone like Chandhok or Davidson would be worth a try alongside him, but both have racing commitments for part of the season.