View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3393273)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TV contracts do rather dictate what recordings can be taken and in what position at most major (and some minor!) events, which may explain that course of action.

More widely though: if I've volunteered (this is a hypothetical me) for a meeting, then I've volunteered to fulfil a specific role. To take advantage of that role by filming or taking photographs (when the track is live, specifically) when I've not signed on or been accredited as media means I'm not doing what I'm there for.

The immediacy of various forms of social media do mean that we get the opportunity to post "right at the heart of the action" photos or videos; but by doing so, we're not actually *in* the heart of the action, we're bystanders. I don't volunteer to be a bystander - I can go the other side of the fence to do that with everyone else. And the organisers expect a level of commitment from me once I've signed on, not for me to have my concentration (or presence) wander in and out of focus while the track is live.

I guess what I'm saying, in a roundabout way, is: don't take the mickey.