View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3399654)   #543
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
If you challenge them on that they'll deny it. When I complained about their reaction to Davidson hitting a Corvette at LM a few years back Declan was at pains to point out they aren't and are an entertainment organisation. Hence, I no longer pay too much attention.

I've had my difficulties with them too from time to time, particularly one time couple of years ago on MWM when Nick was basically calling BTCC not real racing but "entertainment racing" because all the artificiality and goofy stuff that happens in that series. Apparently touring car fans are there purely for that. As a reply to that on their forum I called Dubai 24h, which they had just covered like previous weekend, "the biggest clown show on wheels" (because of all the reference lap time joker lap post qualifying adjusting crap). For that I got huge ****storm on live broadcast and they - well Hindy - bashed me to the ground.

Was that the nicest thing I ever said? No, but I don't think my opinion calls for such anger especially when they themselves had just said similar thing of another series! Not for the first time either...

Anyway, that didn' stop me from listening