View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3399926)   #548
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had a few points of differing opinion with Radio Le Mans over the years, but imagine trying to follow sports car racing without them! Sure... there's plenty of other online media outlets, but there's no other permanent, dedicated, FREE, online commentary available. Even though I tire of their "cash for comment" reporting sometimes, particularly on the LM24 coverage, RLM doesn't exist without it. The fact that they do take the michael out of other series and personalities doesn't concern me. I've questioned them sometimes via twitter on certain things eg their stance on the WEC paid streaming, only to be given a rather defensive response, but I put that down to dealing with asking a question in 140 characters and having to be rather direct and to the point.
Different opinions and outlooks are what makes the world go round! We are all passionate sports car racing fans but also disagree on a lot of things. I am sure that if a private "in confidence" conversation were to be had with Hindy, Dagys, Pruett, Goodwin etc where they could all say what they really think about the sports governing bodies, we'd have a better idea as to why they have to tread warily. They all know which side their bread is buttered.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 Apr 2014 at 08:33.